We are looking for an Accounts Executive, for immediate employment, in Malta, to perform finance accounting duties within our Finance Department.
The Accounts Executive will be responsible for maintaining and compiling financial information including monitoring daily cash exchanges, reviewing the budget, and controlling the expenses of the company. Responsibilities include reporting the bank statements, interacting with internal and external auditors for auditing purposes, and ensuring that the company standards are met within all aspects. The role will report to the Finance Manager.
The main responsibilities include conducting basic financial transactions and performing administrative tasks, maintaining billing records, calculating taxes, and processing receipts. The ideal candidate must have excellent accounting and analytical skills and will be responsible for handling the financial processes of the organization, implementing financial policies, creating budgets, keeping track of financial transactions, and providing the managerial team with finance reports.
The Accounts Executive must be well versed in the accounting aspects, have good communication skills, and maintain good internal and external client relationships. The individual should be able to work under pressure and handle complexity and have good knowledge of accounting practices.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows
• Keep accurate records of all daily transactions
• Prepare balance sheets
• Process invoices
• Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Update internal systems with financial data
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
• Reconcile bank statements
• Participate in financial audits
• Track bank deposits and payments
• Assist with budget preparation
• Review and implement financial policies
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or any major or equivalent professional experience is required.
• Proven working experience as an accountant
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience using financial software
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of financial regulations
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Sharp time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data