The Project Engineer will form part of the fuel department team to perform tasks related to sales, operations, maintenance, and administration of various company projects.
- Professional and friendly approach
- Deadline setting and self-managing skills
- Project management and leadership skills
- Be a team player and communicate effectively
- Be able to innovate to overcome challenges
- Willing to learn
- Preparation of quotations and tenders including project designs
- Assist fuel maintenance team and respond to customer maintenance requests
- Supervision of ongoing projects under the guidance of the fuel department manager including preparation of material and tools for the execution of works, site monitoring, attend to regular meetings, and responsible for procurement of material
- Liaising with various stakeholders including engineers, architects, subcontractors, and other necessary personnel for the successful running of works
- Liaise with company employees from different departments for the successful running of works
- Carry out various administrative tasks as may be necessary
- Good physical ability.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors and with people from various nationalities.
- Must wear personal protective equipment for long durations as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Be in possession of an engineering degree by a recognized institution (mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Experience in engineering projects is a must, preferably in the fuel and/or mechanical and electrical industry.
- Be proficient in English. Maltese would be an asset.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible in approach and with hours
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings
- Be able to use own initiative and demonstrate intelligent judgment in foresight of potential issues, and create alternative solutions to problems
- Be willing to travel for work abroad for short periods